top of page


Public·132 members

We make decisions, and those decisions swivel around and make us. If you're thinking about improving your life through the use of Low Carbon Energy Assessors, then help yourself form the outcome you want. Too many people approach life like it’s a lotto ticket. If you wait in the wings for long enough, your number will come up. The requirement for an EPC to be made available to a prospective buyer or tenant does not apply until construction or modification of a building (to have greater or fewer parts designed for separate occupation) has been completed. Climate change, preserving the environment and cutting energy costs are all at the forefront of our minds, and rightly so. As the Government seeks to encourage us all to do our bit through the shake-up of the EPC regulations over the next few years, the necessary changes to improve the energy efficiency of our commercial properties may seem like a mountain to climb. Making a start now will help to spread the cost out, ensuring that we’re compliant by 2030. All commercial properties that are sold or let must have a Commercial Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) commissioned prior to, or within 7 days of being put on the market. There is a further 21 days allowed for the completion and acquisition of the Commercial Energy Performance Certificate after which time fines can be imposed. The penalty for failing to make a commercial EPC available to a prospective buyer or tenant is in most cases fixed at 12.5% of the rateable value of the building, with a default penalty of £750.00 where the formula can’t be applied, and a minimum of £500 and maximum of £5,000.00. You should never be charged for an EPC whether you are looking to buy or rent. It should be presented to you for free by the seller or landlord (or their agent). You can have an EPC commissioned for your personal use, to help mitigate energy use, but you will have to pay for it. They can range from around £35 to £120 but shop around to get a few quotes. If you are buying a commercial property then the person selling the property must provide your solicitor with a valid commercial energy performance certificate. If you are renting then the landlord or the letting agent must show you the EPC. Few people self-identify as living in fuel poverty. However, many households face challenges in heating their home, particularly over the winter months. Fuel poverty is the problem faced by households living on a low income in a home which cannot be kept warm at reasonable cost. Fuel poverty can mean making stark choices between energy and other essentials or falling into debt. For some, the result is living in a cold home, which has negative impacts on health and wellbeing. As a landlord, you’re responsible for making sure your rental property’s EPC rating doesn’t fall below ‘E’ unless you registered an appropriate exemption. Failure to comply with the Compliance Notice could cost you a Publication Penalty and a fine of up to £2,000. Meanwhile, you’re required to present an SAP EPC if your property is newly built, recently converted or had a recent increase in the number of dwellings. When it comes to running your business, efficiency is key. A commercial EPC can help you track key performance indicators (KPIs) and provide valuable insights into customer behavior. This can help you better market to them and automate your processes. So, if you're looking to improve the efficiency of your business, choosing a commercial EPC is the right move. An EPC rates the energy efficiency of the building by applying zoning methods to calculate the energy efficiency of the building and estimating how much carbon dioxide escapes into the atmosphere. The EPC does not show what the actual energy use of the building is or has been. You may be asking yourself how does a commercial epc fit into all of this? European Directives Energy Performance Certificates provide useful information that shows the energy efficiency of a building or property. You can also know in advance about your energy running costs on average for the whole year to come. In this way, you can transform any kind of domestic or not property into a more energy-efficient one. In 2003, The Energy performance of buildings directive(EPBD) was introduced by the European Union. The UK followed suit with the introduction of the EPC in August 2007 for domestic buildings and in October 2008 for commercial buildings. It has remained an important aspect of selling or renting a building till today. According to the English National Housing Survey, 98% of the housing stock could benefit from at least one of the energy efficiency improvements set out by the Energy Performance Certificate15. Around 28% of dwellings with cavity walls are not insulated, 24% of dwellings with lofts could benefit from loft insulation. Around 92% of solid wall homes (nearly 8 million properties) remain to be insulated. Too often, commercial buildings are not energy efficient enough to meet the new legal standard for minimum energy efficiency. Not only is this a waste of energy and money, but it can also have adverse consequences for the long-term health and safety of your property. It has been a legal requirement to obtain an EPC for commercial properties for over a decade. Failure to obtain a valid EPC certificate may lead to a financial penalty between £500-£5,000. It’s worth noting that there are some exemptions that apply for commercial properties including certain listed properties, places of worship or temporary buildings. Can a non domestic epc register solve the problems that are inherent in this situation? People looking to buy or rent are starting to take EPC ratings into consideration. A more energy efficient property means cheaper bills for those living in the property, and happy tenants are more likely to pay their rent on time! It also means less work for property developers if you ever come to sell. Therefore, if you’re looking to sell or rent out your property, it’s worthwhile making sure it has the best chance of a good rating. All potential tenants and buyers are legally entitled to see this information before making any decisions. If you're buying a new home, an EPC certificate could help you compare properties you might be looking at, so make sure you ask to see one. If you’re in a hurry to get your house sold fast, you might be concerned that acquiring an EPC is a lengthy process, but in most cases it’s not. If you have a standard domestic property with less than 6 bedrooms, the initial EPC visit should take no longer than 45 mins. A lot of places will offer 24-hour turnaround on their EPC paperwork, meaning you could get the appropriate energy performance certificate officially lodged within a day. From April 2018, it became unlawful to let out a property which doesn’t meet a Minimum Energy Efficiency Standard (MEES). To meet this standard, rental properties must have an energy performance certificate (EPC) rating of E or above. An EPC lets buyers or tenants know how energy efficient the property is. Without doubt lower energy costs help sell or rent out houses. A solicitor will need an EPC to sell a property. A team of Energy Assessors and Chartered Surveyors are uniquely placed to give advice on mees and provide a complete energy consultancy service. Fully Insured Assessors The Minimum Energy Efficiency Standard (MEES) Regulations set a minimum energy efficiency level for domestic private rented properties. The regulations were first announced in 2015 and came into effect in 2018, forcing landlords to make energy efficiency and emissions performance improvements to their properties. You’ll generally need a Commercial EPC if you’re selling, renting or building commercial property. You might need multiple EPCs if your building is split into separate areas – for instance, if they’re set up for multiple tenancies. There’s no pass or fail with an EPC. Instead, it ranks your property on a scale of A to G. Having said that, if you’re a landlord, your rental property must have a minimum rating of E. The EPC was initially introduced in the UK as part of the Home Information Pack (HIP or Hip) in 2007. HIPs drew so much criticism for stalling housing sales they were discontinued in 2010, but the EPC continued as a requirement for sellers and for landlords of rented properties. The higher the EPC rating, the more energy efficient and the more attractive the property will become to potential new tenants. Government grants are available nationally, to help Landlords improve the energy efficiency of their properties, details of which can be obtained from your local council. The legal responsibility to have an EPC lies with the organisation that has placed the building on the market, for example the landlord, managing agent or tenant intending to sublet. The marketing agent also has a legal responsibility to have EPCs in place for the buildings they are advertising. Advising on matters such as mees regulations will provide benefits in the long run. An EPC is valid for 10 years although if changes are made to the building then the rating will change. If improvements to the building envelope or building services are made then a new EPC should reflect the improvements and the EPC rating would be better. If relying on the EPC for a transaction it may be advantageous to renew the EPC. A commercial property cannot be sold or let on the market without an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). Even if you don’t have the actual certificate yet, a booking confirmation with us is enough to satisfy this requirement. You don’t have to worry though; our turnaround time of 3.5 days is the best in the industry. An EPC is issued and made available to the public on a national register and is valid for ten years. If you improve the energy consumption of your house with say a new boiler and new EPC should be done to reflect the improvement. An EPC is a survey that ranks your property on a scale of A to G – so there is no pass or fail, just better or worse. But if it’s low, tenants may be less likely to consider renting your property, due to the associated costs, particularly as rising energy prices are an ongoing issue. Non Domestic Energy Assessors NDEA is the broad term given to the people qualified to carry out the Energy Inspection on Commercial Premises, the NDEA person may be a Property Surveyor or Consultant who has further trained up, passed the exams and registered. A well-thought-out strategy appertaining to epc commercial property can offer leaps and bounds in improvements. Overall Efficiency Reporting Any property that is built, sold or rented needs an EPC. As a rule, it’s a requirement that properties in England, Scotland and Wales have an EPC in place before marketing of the property commences. The average EPC rating for a home in the UK is D. New builds tend to have higher ratings than older homes. Don’t worry if your home or the one you’re buying has a low EPC rating. The steps on the certificate will explain how you can improve the rating. If you are building, selling or letting a non-domestic building, before practical completion can be granted the new occupier or owner must be supplied with an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) which grades the building's energy efficiency. Uncover supplementary facts appertaining to Low Carbon Energy Assessors at this UK Government Website web page. Related Articles: Additional Insight About Fully Accredited Energy Assessors Extra Insight About Professionally Qualified Domestic Energy Contractors Further Information On Fully Accredited Energy Assessors Extra Information On Non-Domestic EPC Assessors Further Findings With Regard To Non-Domestic Energy Performance Certificate Contractors Supplementary Findings About Commercial Energy Performance Certificate Assessors More Background Insight With Regard To Non-Domestic Energy Performance Certificate Assessors


Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...
bottom of page